Bringing Things Together
Knowledge Street does its best work at the intersection of our particular skill sets. That’s our sweet spot.
We’ve had years and years of real-world experience in
writing, editing, graphics design, graphics production and project management. This background in the essentials of getting stuff done helps us focus on what’s important, and what’s not. We bring an uncommon amount of common sense to the
table. Call it street smarts.
Some of our work could be considered management consulting, some involves Web design and development. All of it involves the knack of bringing together words and pictures in a fresh, compelling way.
Click on the graphic, if you want some examples.
We can do what we do on a project basis, with pre-defined deliverables and
timeframes. That means we can design communication programs or build knowledge repositories, which you can manage on your own. We can also work as an outsourced service bureau, writing and distributing communiqués,
capturing the knowledge of experts or managing websites.
So we can teach you to fish, but if you’d rather let someone else throw the nets, we can do that too.
K Street Bingo
Once upon a time,
we were casting about for a way to describe Knowledge Street’s services to a local business audience. We wanted to encourage them to think in KM terms, with an exercise that was accessible, easy to grasp and fun to do as a
group. That need evolved into the game of K Street Bingo, and there’s a simulation of it here.
If you like, you can also download the Home Version of the game, and play it yourself. Suitable for groups of 10 or less, and fun for children of all ages!
One thing we do is help people see things from a fresh perspective. We listen to the problems they’re having, and offer common sense advice. We
don’t try to shake the pillars of heaven, here. We look for the kind of simple changes that support small, incremental improvements. Within this context, we offer:
– we can use our K Street Decision Tree to
help refine your perception of key messages and audiences. We can help you select some good communications channels and lay out a program schedule. We can also do follow-up surveys to see how things are going, and
report on the results.
Business Process Design – we have a lot of experience working in production environments, and a lot of success at finding good ways to get
things done. You’d be surprised how a few simple process changes can increase your productivity. Check out this case study.
Messaging & Branding
– sometimes, you need some new eyes and ears to recognize what’s important about your message. We help people boil things down, to get the maximum impact from the minimum number of words and pictures. We’ve got a case study on this, too.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words; that might be true, as long as it’s the right picture. We have the tools, the training and the talent to produce the kind of images that are clear enough to communicate your
message and engaging enough to make people remember it.
Design – from an original logo to a complex brochure, we’ve got you
covered on this. We’ll talk through the underlying concepts, and develop your ideas in a painless, collaborative way.
– we can help you develop the right “look” for your marketing pieces, and make sure that look is applied consistently across everything you put in front of your customers. From your website to your business cards, we can design materials that tell your story, with style.
– this is a particular specialty that deals with the visual presentation of information; sometimes it’s called infographics. The idea is to
design a display that makes you go “Ahhh!” instead of “Huhhh?” Weak information design can destroy an otherwise worthy proposition, whether it’s a sales campaign or a budget presentation.
The right words may not be worth a thousand pictures, but they might mean you don’t need a picture at all. Words still provide the spine of business communications, whether they’re telling your company history,
pitching a new product or trying to motivate your employees. We can help you find your voice.
Copywriting & Editing – this is a foundation service for Knowledge Street.
It’s available as a standalone but also finds its way into everything. We’ve written or edited the copy for all of the websites shown in these pages, as
well as our own. You can see more writing work in our monthly newsletter, Directions. Try a subscription – it’s free!
Research & Report Writing
– we can write or edit copy based on short interviews or existing material, but we can do the research work too. As time allows, we’ve done some of this longer form work under a Knowledge Street brand, and you can take a look here. Maybe you’d like us to look into something for you?
– we like working on the creative side of things, because it’s fun to spin the prose and tell the story. But we also do straight-ahead tech writing, and can help you with user guides, job aids or the dreaded
system documentation. It all depends on what you need.
We’ve done a lot of work for the web, sometimes doing website makeovers and sometimes building from scratch. We’ve designed sites that were built by others, but can also give you a full soup-to-nuts service. We can help you
select a host, register a domain, develop a prototype, write the copy, provide the images and publish the finished product. Here’s a few samples:
CPT Global – a website makeover for a global IT consulting firm with operations in Australia, Europe and the US.
Insys Consulting Services – one of our first customers, this site started as a simple makeover but led into branding work, marketing collateral and all kinds of other things.
Veracite Partners – a website design for a start-up, this client wanted a
strong and confident look that would appeal to the financial market.